I’ve debated writing this post for the past few days. I don’t want to jinx anything. BUT, I can’t help it.
Cole is well on his way to becoming a potty-trained member of society. No more relieving himself in diapers… it’s all toilets from here on out!
I feel like we’ve been in a constant state of “training” for like 3 months. No kidding. He’s been doing great at school. Rocking his pull-ups. Using the potty about 80% of the time. Not at home though. Seriously. It’s like there was something wrong with the THREE different potty options we had.
Then last week we realized he was batting near 1,000 at school. Add to that the fact that I had to change a poop-filled diaper at the hockey rink and the kid didn’t fit on the changing table, we knew it was time. Bring on the under-roos.
- Monday: Rocked pull-ups this day… not sure why.
- Tuesday: One accident at around 4:30 when he was moving into a new classroom for the evening. One accident when we got home. Success before bed! We decided to rock nighttime diapers for the week…
- Wednesday: Dry diaper in the morning and a morning potty-pee! There may have been jelly-beans consumed before 8am! No accidents (anywhere). Evening was a huge success with 3x uses!
- Thursday: Again, dry morning diaper and successful morning. NO accidents AND used the restroom at our fav Mexican restaurant.
- Friday: Dry again (think we might ditch the nighttime diaper after tomorrow morning) and fingers crossed for the day.
- As you’ll notice, that there hasn’t been any bowel movements outlined above. Yep, that’s a problem. Poor kid is holding it in. I’m hoping the prune juice I pumped him full last night (and the pound of refried beans he ate) will get that poop a flowing today!
And yes, I will print and hand this blog post out at his High School grad party. J