Pages

Welcome

Though most of this blog contains pictures, it's also a detailed account of my life living with three boys. And yes, they are all boys. Hope you enjoy... they're pretty cute (but often smell).

-Brit

Monday, June 9, 2014

A Letter to Cole

Cole,

Three and a half already. Where did the time go? No seriously, where did it go because it seems like only yesterday you were just barely walking around this place, giving me and your dad mini-heart attacks as you fell down the stairs. Now you're still giving us mini-heart attacks as your bambi legs carry you to pre-school! Yes! Pre-school (summer session).

You are so silly these days and the teachers at school tell us your the class clown. Can't say I'm surprised because you make your dad and me laugh all day and night long. You even mumble in your sleep - talking about Paw Patrol and castles. You have the best timing with jokes, and even your facial expressions have us rolling.

You are also scary smart. You have your dad's memory already and I can't believe everything that you know. We've been practicing rhyming words, counting, letters... I swear there's nothing you can't learn or memorize instantly... well, except pooping on the potty, but you're trying.

You're so sweet and compassionate. You are always worrying about others and have the sweetest hugs. You're not shy about making friends or telling people you love them. You're so great with Hudson, and I can't wait to watch you teach him everything that you know.

You have me wrapped around your little finger. You've figured out how to give me these little looks, and a "I love you mama" and I'm done. My favorite is when you bring over two fruit snack bags, one for you and one for me. Don't think I don't know what you're up to, but I take it every time!

You are going to do such amazing things. Some days I think you'll be a pilot, others a engineer... but I know you'll be happy no matter what. Because you're a happy kid. Always.

You're getting so big but you still like to crawl in my lap for cuddles... though you're not fitting like you used to since you're already almost four feet tall!

You're all boy with scrapped knees, bruises and a love for all things with a motor. Superman and spiderman dominate your wardrobe, and I think you would wear a cape and mask everyday if we let you. Ok, most days we let you!



You are perfect and your dad and I love you more than you can ever know. I'm scared for the day that I don't get your sweet hugs and cuddles in public because you'll be "too cool"/ surrounded by all your friends... I know you'll have thousands. And no more hitting on the ladies at the park. You're already a smooth talker with your promise of ice cream and iPad games. Plenty of time for that when you're 30! For now, just stay my baby and run to me for kisses when you fall down!

Love you lots and lots,
Your mama


No comments:

Post a Comment