My lil' man is 3 months old (well, a couple of days ago). Lots of updates to be shared....
- Well, massive. He's easily over 17 lbs which is NOT fun to carry when he's in his car seat. But those thighs are pretty edible
- Getting more and more animated. Lots more smiles and chatter from our boy
- Figuring out his hands - and that they are attached to him. Grabbing more things are sticking his entire fist in his mouth
- Still a little flat on one side of the head, but we're working on exercises and hope it works itself out
- LOVES his big brother. Anytime Cole is in the room, forget trying to get his attention. All he sees is his big bro. It's oh-so sweet
- Sleeping about 10-11 hours a night! Woohoo!!!!! It makes work nights so much easier
- Is still super chill
- Doing really well at daycare. Napping in his crib (because they swaddle him at school), eating well and is super easy going. Just takes it all in
I'm back at work. I thought maybe the second time around would be easier. It some ways it is, others it isn't. I have mixed feelings about being thrown right back into things... literally thrown in as I have a new business pitch tomorrow. It helps keep my mind busy but it was tough to get my brain going that quickly (it wasn't used to thinking about strategies and segmentation if you can imagine). Knowing Hudson is doing so well, and sleeping well at school and home, really helps. It's just scary how fast the time went and how quickly its going to go. With J and I having so much going on, it will be the holidays before we know it... and time for Cole to start hockey!!!
Just a quick potty-training update. Cole has not had a poop accident since a week after he got moved down!!! J and I are thrilled and so is Cole (since it's the first thing he wants to tell you when you pick him up... and then insists that you call every and all family member/friend to also let them know). I assume he'll be moved back up soon... which is great since he's a foot taller than all his current classmates.
He was also recruited for football this past weekend when he was mistaken for a 2nd grader. No joke! The coach was at the Football Toss booth at the Maple Grove Fest... they asked him if he was in first or second grade... Jason informed them that he was three years old. Follow-up statement from the coach "we'll be calling you". Guess I might not get a choice when it comes to the game of hut-hut-smash.
Though, as I write this, I might not have to worry about it too much. As we made our way through all the baseball stations at Fan Fest, we realized that Cole may be talented when hitting things with a hockey stick or golf club, but everything else... not so much. Maybe Huddy will be our athlete and Cole will be our actor (trust me, the kid has a flare for the drama).
Still doing great. Work is still busy... annoying him at times, but he has a great team whom he gets along with really well. Golf is good (and twice every week... :) and we're both excited for all the upcoming weekend adventures. Well, he's not too excited for my Vegas trip, but he can get over it! :)
We've been looking at houses on and off... he found his dream house (over three acres and it's off a dirt road) but I'm not sure we're ready to put our current house on the market just yet. Lots to discuss over the next few weeks/month/year.
I have to brag him up a little as he sent me a beautiful bouquet of Gerber daisies (my fav) on my second day back to work...