Pages

Welcome

Though most of this blog contains pictures, it's also a detailed account of my life living with three boys. And yes, they are all boys. Hope you enjoy... they're pretty cute (but often smell).

-Brit

Monday, May 23, 2011

Quick Update

This kid is going to be the death of me...

Last Thursday I got a call from daycare that Cole had a fever so I needed to come and get him. Just like the time before, he was running hot but was acting like his normal self so I skipped a trip to the doctor. The next morning he was still running a fever but was acting very sad... not normal for him. So I brought him into Ready Care assuming it would  be a quick in-and-out and we'd be on our way. Wrong. I was told to take Cole to Children's as they didn't think it was "just an ear infection".

So many tears later I picked up J and we took Cole in. After being poked and prodded they determined it wasn't meningitis but there was some sort of infection. They gave Cole some antibiotics through his IV (so sad) and sent us home. By this time our lil' man was giggling and acting totally normal. Again, he's going to make me go crazy!
[side note: Thank you mom for coming down... I really appreciate it]

Follow-up appointment on Saturday showed a double ear infection... they assumed that Friday was the onset... awesome. Let's hope that's not a pattern for him!

But, in the end, Cole is a rockstar and is acting 100% - and I much rather have them be over cautious then not enough.

Here's a pic at the ER - Just hanging out with his IV-ready foot:

Photobucket

More news to come later this week but I wanted to make sure to wish Hannah a very happy 1st birthday! You're party was oh-so fun (good job Nic) and you now have a WAY more clothes than me!

No comments:

Post a Comment