Pages

Welcome

Though most of this blog contains pictures, it's also a detailed account of my life living with three boys. And yes, they are all boys. Hope you enjoy... they're pretty cute (but often smell).

-Brit

Thursday, October 11, 2012

"Hey, I'm kinda interesting"


[warning: this post has nothing to do with Cole. It is not meant to be boastful or self-serving. This is a internal observation I had while sitting in a salon chair.]


The other day I was getting my hair done and this hipster-cool salon (the kind where it’s required to have a tattoo sleeve, skinny black pants and motorcycle boots). As the stylist starting putting the goop in my hair, he took a step back and commented on my star tattoo. He said “I bet there’s a great story there – tell me about your interesting life”. My initial gut response was “I’m not that interesting… pretty boring really. Tell me about you instead!”

As we kept chatting about life and stories from the past were shared, it accorded to me that I've done a lot of weird/cool shit… and that I should own-up to that. Not just me… everyone! It’s so normal to down-play the awesome stuff you've done and just assume you’re life isn't that exciting. Not cool Tanto. Not cool.

So take a moment, sit back with a cup of coffee, and think about all the kick-butt stuff you've done.

Hell, I’m going to write out some of mine so I can reference it next time I’m asked.

I work in at a cool job where Will Smith and Marlo Thomas drop by
I have a great “how I met my hubby” story that makes people smile-gush
I've jumped out of a plane at 10,000 feet
I spent a summer half-way across the country, where I didn't know anyone, at 18
I have a kid who is seriously funny/awesome and has a killer slap-shot at 21 months old
I (with help) planned a wedding in 5 months
I've been on the kiss-cam (though I wasn't sitting next to my husband… and it was awkward)
I’m 200 hour yoga certified and prenatal certified (all while working full-time)
I did a crazy-ass dance, that no one saw coming, at my wedding
AND I have a cool star tattoo on my neck (that I love) that I got with my MOM AND DAD. 
Boom!

No comments:

Post a Comment