Pages

Welcome

Though most of this blog contains pictures, it's also a detailed account of my life living with three boys. And yes, they are all boys. Hope you enjoy... they're pretty cute (but often smell).

-Brit

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

23 Weeks/Almost 6 Months


How big is baby? Our little guy, according to the Bump, is just over a pound and about the size of a papaya. Don’t see many papayas here in MN so I’m going to just say “bigger than a cantaloupe” since that was last month’s fruit.

Maternity Clothes? Only “maternity” items are my GAP jeans but I’m thinking I might have to add a new pair into the mix. I feel like such a skeeze-ball wearing them so often. Besides the jeans, my normal attire consists of dresses and tight t-shirts. I’m not much for the baggy/mu-mu look… might as well show this bad-boy off!

Sleep: Waking up a lot more but luckily I’m able to fall back asleep. Jason was very proud of me this past weekend as I was able to sleep in until 8:00! Still having odd dreams but at least I’m well rested.

Movement: This kid loves to move! I notice him the most when I’m sitting at work or lying in bed. Had fun watching my stomach move around the other night… J thought it was like something out of Alien which I wasn’t too offended by as I sometimes feel the same way.

Food cravings: Nothing these past few weeks. I think my cravings haven’t been as apparent since I don’t really deprive myself… Maybe I should start laying off the ice cream cups then I will have something better to write here.


What I miss: I’m starting to miss the things in my wardrobe that I’ve now moved into the “can’t fit into these anymore” closet. Not that I’m limited in my choices… you just always want what you can’t have and right now that’s my white button-up dress shirt and mustard-yellow belt.


What I am looking forward to: In the short term I’m really looking forward to decorating the nursery and registering for baby stuff. We’ve done a really good job on waiting to do stuff (I’m looking at that from a positive angle) so the idea of getting started is really exciting. Obviously I have no idea what I need to register for (that’s what my handy new-moms are for) and am totally circling on how to decorate his room but I think it will be a fun adventure.

Milestones: Seeing my belly move was pretty fricken cool but I think those Irish jigs are taking a toll on my bladder. I’ve feel like I’m wearing down a path in the carpet from my office to the bathroom! I think one other milestone might be attending my first prenatal yoga class. My non-prego-yogi friend went with me and we giggled our way through all the “dancing” and goddess poses. I’m sure we killed the experience for all the other mamas in the room but I had a damn good time.

Say What?: Haven’t had too many yet but my friend Katye has had some very colorful comments. I can’t share too many (due to language and overall crudeness) but here is my fav:

“You’re boobs are going to be out of control!”


No comments:

Post a Comment