Pages

Welcome

Though most of this blog contains pictures, it's also a detailed account of my life living with three boys. And yes, they are all boys. Hope you enjoy... they're pretty cute (but often smell).

-Brit

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Double Digits - WooHoo!

How big is baby? At our last doctor appointment (9/10) the little bugger was 1 lb. 13 ounces (74thpercentile). If he keeps up this pace I’m in for a hefty kid!

Maternity Clothes? I think I might have to buy some maternity shirts. I’ve been busted (by Jason) a few times with the bottom half of my belly sticking out from my non-prego shirts. But I refuse to give up my heels… in fact; I just purchased a very cute pair on suede booties (2.5” heel of course). Here’s a picture for you:


Sleep: Sleep has become a bit irregular lately. Some nights it’s fine and other nights it’s not so fine. I’m trying out the “pillow between the knees” suggestion and hoping that will work. The dream factor is still nuts. It’s amazing how vivid they are!!! Most mornings I have to lie in bed and reassure myself that I didn’t decide to go all surrealist on the nursery…

Movement: This kid is break dancing in my stomach which is a new development over the past week – I swear he never stops. Just when I think he’s calmed down… BAM! A whole other round of kicks and punches. I’ve been told this slows down once he gets bigger due to lack of room, but I’m pretty lengthy so I think he’ll be tangoing up until the end.

Food cravings: Not much to report again. I’m trying to cut back on my sweet tooth… a 10 lb weight gain in a month will do that to you!


What I miss: Yoga… aggressive workouts… a really good glass of wine after a hellish week at work.


What I am looking forward to: Cold weather and getting closer to the showers. When it was super warm out it felt that the baby coming was really far away. As the weather changes it starting to feel like it’s finally getting closer and I’m really excited for it. I’m also really excited for the showers that are being planned. Obviously it will be awesome to get more stuff for the baby but I’m mainly excited to see everyone. So many of my girlfriends live out-of-state so I don’t get to see them as often as I like. Knowing that I get to see that and giggle with them in a few short months is SO wonderful!

Milestones: The countdown is now in double-digits! I probably shouldn’t look at it (a watched pot never boils and all that jazz) but it was cool to see if move from 100 to 99! Other mini-milestones: finishing painting the nursery (scroll down for pictures), registering for baby stuff, deciding on a name (sorry, keeping that one a surprise), passing my glucose test (you have no idea how nervous I was for that one), and winning my first fantasy football match-up!

Say What?: So I must look angry because I haven’t had any strangers approach me with advice or ask to touch my stomach. The only reason I want the second one to happen is because I’ve decided upon a smart-ass response (shocking, I know) and I’m dying to say it.

What I have noticed, and that kind of baffles me, is when people you know/work with ask you how you are, and you just say “fine, how are you?” and they seem pissed. Like I’m always supposed to go into some lengthy chat about my peeing habits or the details of my ovaries! Sorry sir, not gonna happen. And why is it such a bad thing to care about someone else? Just because I’m pregnant doesn’t mean I need to be the center of the universe (though I think it might be orbiting around my belly if it gets any bigger)… I know they care and are excited for me but I don’t always want to talk about the fact that I can’t see my cute shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment