Pages

Welcome

Though most of this blog contains pictures, it's also a detailed account of my life living with three boys. And yes, they are all boys. Hope you enjoy... they're pretty cute (but often smell).

-Brit

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Weekend Treat

Don't you just love trick ingredients? Those things that go into amazing meals/desserts and when you find out they're in there you're shocked and bewildered?

No?

Well I am!

Today at lunch a co-worker brought in this oh-so-delicious Apple Dumpling dessert... Being pregnant I got two servings of it... I could have easily had another 5 it was that good.

When I asked what was in it she happily shared the ingredient list and then giggled as she told me the last step: add a 1/2 can of Mountain Dew

Really?!?!? Tricky!

So this weekend I will be making my own batch of Tricky Ingredient Apple Dumplings. If you're around the Grove stop by and I'll give you some... I like to share (Jason, however, does not).

If you're not around and want to make it for yourself, here is the recipe link at Pioneer Woman: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/02/apple_dumplings/

Enjoy and happy eats!


[Obviously not mine as I haven't made it yet... silly! I'll post pic if it doesn't get inhaled right away]

No comments:

Post a Comment