Pages

Welcome

Though most of this blog contains pictures, it's also a detailed account of my life living with three boys. And yes, they are all boys. Hope you enjoy... they're pretty cute (but often smell).

-Brit

Friday, December 31, 2010

18 Days

Random Thoughts from This Morning:
It's been 18 days... I've been a mom for 18 days! That thought hasn't totally sunk in yet. It's still very surreal. I have this adorable little man in my life who I'm still figuring out. "You're diapers dry... you just ate... I'm holding you... I've stopped singing... why are you still crying?" Ok, that really only happens one time a day - typically around 10pm - but it still pulls on your heart strings... the fact that sometimes he just needs to cry and you just have to let him. Again, we're still figuring it out.

It's been 18 days. How the hell did that happen? My life is built on three hour increments... How have 18 days gone by already?! I keep reminding myself to live in the present moment. To not wish for Cole's next step - for him to roll, to hold his head up, to sleep through the night - but somehow it's all going to be here before I'm ready for it. Our good friend Nicole brought over her 7-month old, Hannah, yesterday... Watching her smile, feed herself, interact with everything around her... I realized that Cole will be there in no time. He'll be motoring through the house and being a little independent person before we know it. I WILL live in the moment.

It's been 18 days and I'm going to stop feeling guilty. I'm not able to breast feed (sorry if that's TMI for some of you) - Ole Bessy is dried up - and that's ok. My beautiful son is now 9 lbs and is remarkable. He's healthy and perfect so I'm going to stop feeling bad.

It's been 18 days and I still can't nap. Maybe I'm not as tired as I think I am but I still haven't been able to nap. I'm just not a good napper. Hopefully this will change over the next 18 days.

It's been 18 days and my marriage has never been better. Even though we're both sleep deprived and smelly... Even though my stomach looks like jello and I'm still wearing pads that resemble diapers (ok, way too TMI)... Even though our night-lives revolve around pizza and rented movies... I can honestly say our marriage, our friendship, our admiration for one another, and our love has never been stronger.

It's been 18 days and I'm head over heels in love. Somehow in between all those foul smelling diapers, screams of frustration, sore nipples, countless doctor visits, and endless bottle cleanings... I've fallen completely in love with Cole.





1 comment:

  1. I litteraly just got goosebumps reading this post. Motherhood is a beautiful thing, and you my dear friend, are wearing it quite fabulously. Cole is so lucky to have you as his Mommy and J as his Daddy. 7 months goes by quickly, and although we're always looking towards that next milestone- soak up the here-and-now because too soon it is gone. I love you Brit- and I love seeing you as a Mommy because it sure is the best thing in the whole world. Just think about Cole and Hannah one day (sorry Nora, you're pretty darn cute- but you have competition!) Cole and Hannah would make GiGaNtIc babies together and be the cutest couple- totally the next "IT" couple! Loves! xoxo

    ReplyDelete