Pages

Welcome

Though most of this blog contains pictures, it's also a detailed account of my life living with three boys. And yes, they are all boys. Hope you enjoy... they're pretty cute (but often smell).

-Brit

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Brit's Things of the Moment

Book(s): The Hunger Games trilogy
Yes; I’m somehow reading another young adult book. This one happened by accident. I didn’t even know it was YA until I got an email of “books you might like” from Amazon. The content is so far from what I assume YA would be… here’s the synopsis:
In a not-too-distant future, North America has collapsed, weakened by drought, fire, famine, and war, to be replaced by Panem, a country divided into the Capitol and 12 districts. Each year, two young representatives from each district are selected by lottery to participate in The Hunger Games. Part entertainment, part brutal intimidation of the subjugated districts, the televised games are broadcasted throughout Panem as the 24 participants are forced to eliminate their competitors, literally, with all citizens required to watch. When 16-year-old Katniss' young sister, Prim, is selected as the mining district's female representative, Katniss volunteers to take her place. She and her male counterpart, Peeta, the son of the town baker who seems to have all the fighting skills of a lump of bread dough, will be pitted against bigger, stronger representatives who have trained for this their whole lives.
It’s very good – I urge you all to read it.

Shows: Fringe and Bob’s Burgers
Fringe is back!!! J and I have been loyal viewers of Fringe from the get-go and it’s just been renewed for a 4th season. If you’ve never watched the show I urge you to rent the first seasons… I promise you will love it!
Bob’s Burgers is picking up stride. It’s more in the Family Guy genre but with some really witty characters. Try it on and see if it fits.

Movies: ----
I haven’t seen one that I can even somewhat talk about… Nicole (Decker/Johnson) and I have a monthly movie date and our last two (I Am Number 4 and Red Riding Hood) have both sucked. We’re going to see Water for Elephants later in April and I hope that it’s better than the previous two…

Candy of the Moment: Junior Mints
Not much to say except “YUM”

Picture of the Moment:

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment