Pages

Welcome

Though most of this blog contains pictures, it's also a detailed account of my life living with three boys. And yes, they are all boys. Hope you enjoy... they're pretty cute (but often smell).

-Brit

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

So... How Did It Go?

Yesterday was my first day back at work and Cole's first day at daycare. How did it go?

7:30     Drop Off with Jason. Tears rolling down the face from the time we walked in and most of the drive to work (yes, me, not Cole)

9:00     Bagels and Coffee to start the day (thank you Patty) and then getting caught-up on office gossip... and client status

11:00     Call daycare - Cole is doing great though I feel like they are holding something back. Ok, paranoia. I guess what I secretly wanted to hear was "Cole won't stop crying. He misses you so much. Guess you'll just have to come get him now".

12:30     Grabbed lunch with Becky. Have realization that it feels like I was never gone. I really didn't think it would be so easy to get right back into the swing of things.

2:00     Make Jason call and check on Cole while in meetings. Have a hard time reading presentation because I'm humming The Itsy Bitsy Spider in my head... missing Cole SO much.

4:00     Meetings are done and I'm sprinting to the door. Can't WAIT to grab my lil' man.

4:15     Hopes and dreams of getting Cole early are shattered due to accident on 94. Proceed to sit in traffic, swearing, for 50 minutes.

5:30     FINALLY get to grab Cole! He's had a great day with lots of small little catnaps. He's eaten like a champ and was talking to Merita (daycare lady). I'm so excited I could cry... Proceed to cry the entire drive to pick Jason up from the bus. This is a cry out of happiness and sadness. This is my life now.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, my heart hurts just thinking about it. The first few days are hardest. Then (sadly?) you get used to it, and it does get easier! Also, he's SOOO CUTE! We loved the valentine!

    ReplyDelete