Pages

Welcome

Though most of this blog contains pictures, it's also a detailed account of my life living with three boys. And yes, they are all boys. Hope you enjoy... they're pretty cute (but often smell).

-Brit

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lent and Other Stuff

I'm not a church-goer. I have no problem with church, I just haven't been in a while. So when I was asked at work what I was giving up for lent I didn't really have an answer. I don't think I've participated before.

Now before you start judging the rest of this post for one reason or another, take a step back, inhale - exhale, and just go with it. 

So this year I decided that I would give something up. The problem is there isn't too much I WANTED to give (yes, I realize that's not really the point of lent... stop judging) - after being pregnant I wasn't going to give up alcohol... or coffee... already did that for nine months! I don't really eat sweets or drink pop... and I'm not a big snack person. So what does that leave?

For lent I'm giving up excuses.

I will no longer use the "I just had a baby" or the "it's just not the right time" excuses for the next forty days (I'll even observe these on Sundays, even though they are off-days).

So starting last night I did some crunches. Tonight I will spend some time on the treadmill. Tomorrow, since I don't have to work, I will do my Tracy Anderson video and work on my business plan.

Other stuff:

  • Jason comes home in two days!!!! 
  • I started swaddling Cole again... he wasn't sleeping through the night... since returning to that magical piece of fabric he is going down at 10pm and sleeping until 6:30am!
  • I'll be back to teaching yoga on Sunday mornings April 10th
  • Cole is holding onto rattles - not for a super long time but it's still a great development 
  • We have another friend who is prego - that makes 6 now - babies everywhere this fall

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brit - love your blog - I just spent the last half hour reading through your posts! Brings me right back to when Annie was Cole's age :)

    No worries about the swaddle, btw - Annie rolled a few times before we unswaddled her but never did at night. You'll know when he's ready to be done because he'll get out of it! That happened around 4 months for us and that time she was fine - every other time we tried was a nightmare! You do whatever you need to do to get yourself and that baby some sleep :)

    Oh, and with regards to your last post about the life project - I totally use my own blog for that - my hubs just surprised me and made a book out of my blog posts from Annie's 1st year - best gift ever!

    ReplyDelete