Pages

Welcome

Though most of this blog contains pictures, it's also a detailed account of my life living with three boys. And yes, they are all boys. Hope you enjoy... they're pretty cute (but often smell).

-Brit

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Week 13

Peach: 'Los is forming teeth and vocal cords... Approaching normal proportions, with his head now only one third the size of his body. And intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy -- much more convenient.

The not-so-great side effects of being pregnant have hit. This past weekend, while teaching yoga, I twisted the wrong way and BAM! Back has gone awry. Basically I've been immobile for the past three days... going from couch, to floor, to bed. How anyone could stay sane on bed rest is beyond me...

How this relates to Lil' Los - according to my PT, women's ligaments get really loose during pregnancy - due to this extra stretchiness my muscles tensed up even more than normal and have made my entire right side one scrunched-up muscle spasm. I'm pretty much tipped to my right at all times. Mix the back pain (which I'm convinced trumps labor) with the increased hormones and I'm one big puddle of frustrated tears. Poor Jason doesn't know what to do... except bring me ice cream and Cherry Limeades!

So on that happy note - hope everyone is having a great week... and think happy, "be nice to Brittney" thoughts to my messed up back!

No comments:

Post a Comment