Pages

Welcome

Though most of this blog contains pictures, it's also a detailed account of my life living with three boys. And yes, they are all boys. Hope you enjoy... they're pretty cute (but often smell).

-Brit

Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekend Round-Up and Week 18


This is going to be a long one so buckle-up!

Friday: Doctor’s appointment where Lil’ Los decided to keep his/her legs crossed so we’ll be waiting until Aug. 13th to find out if it’s a boy or girl. Went to see Inception at 10:30 – who says you can’t enjoy gummy bears and popcorn before noon? If you haven’t seen it yet, go now! It was awesome! In the evening we headed down to the Twin’s game with Mama and Papa Pugh. Such a fun, hot night!

Saturday: Lunch with the wonderful Carol and Jenny Holm (and my beautiful mom) at Panino’s (if you haven’t been, go now). Lots of laughter and catching up – one of my favorite things in the whole wide world. After lunch Jen and I went to see little Hannah and catch-up with the Johnston’s. Then it was off to shop and grab dinner with the ladies… All before the MASSIVE storm swept through the cities. I spent the evening in the basement (by myself) desperately searching for internet as the TV was down and I had no idea if I would live or die (tornados are NOT a part of my favorite things). As I huddled downstairs Nicole was stuck in a Walgreens bathroom waiting out the storm… I think she had it worse.
Sunday: Got up and taught some yoga, cleaned the house, mowed the lawn and then hosted an impromptu dinner party with a few of J’s friends… This nesting menu featured Chicken Fajitas, Carlos Quinoa, Guacamole and Lime Cake with Blackberry Sauce (which was a MAJOR fail). The boys turned the night into a little Sunday Funday as I sipped my O’Douls and laughed at their stories.

WEEKLY UPDATE:

Sweet Potato: Los is become amazingly mobile, passing the hours yawning, hiccupping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing. Carlos is finally big enough that I'll soon be able to feel his/her movements.

Jason was able to witness these movements first hand at our Doc appt last Friday. I don't think he was prepared to see the little arms flying around in my tummy as he yelled "holy crap, does that hurt" as he stared at the monitor. All the nurses (except one) thought he was cute as he weighed and measured himself while I got my finger pricked!

Besides not finding out the sex it was a great appointment. Los is healthy and measuring a week ahead/bigger than normal. I'm not surprised but a little nervous as we are only 18 weeks in and this baby is already super-sized.

No comments:

Post a Comment