Pages

Welcome

Though most of this blog contains pictures, it's also a detailed account of my life living with three boys. And yes, they are all boys. Hope you enjoy... they're pretty cute (but often smell).

-Brit

Monday, October 11, 2010

10 In One Hand :: 70 In The Other

How big is baby? This kid is definitely still on the hefty-track. According to Dr. Gosen he’s still about two weeks ahead which puts him at about 3 ½ lbs and 17 inches long. My doc appointments are now every other week so they’ll be keeping a close eye on how big he gets. Next week I’ll be having another ultrasound to measure his shoulder width/tummy size to make sure he’s going to “fit” – if not, then good bye six pack!

Maternity Clothes? I’m getting a little sick of my wardrobe at this point. I’m used to a much deeper rotation and right now it’s limited to about 5 dresses, one pair of jeans (one pair of my maternity jeans makes my legs feel like squished sausages so I’ve retired those) and yoga pants. Since it’s somewhat frowned upon to rock lululemon’s at work I’m getting a bit tired of my dresses.

Sleep: Not too shabby! It helps that I’m usually falling asleep on the couch by 9:45 but I’m sleeping through the night. Now, with sleeping through the night comes the 6:25am wake-up. Every morning. No fail. That part is not as much fun on Saturday mornings BUT, I shouldn’t complain since I’m getting a solid 9 hours every night.

Movement: ‘Los definitely has his key exercise times. Typically first thing in the morning (I’m guessing Sun Salutations to start the day), while I have my morning [decaf] coffee at work, a little jog after lunch (to work off those calories), and then some nighttime stretching before bed.

Food cravings: Still no cravings but boy have I been baking (re: the past four posts)

What I miss: Being able to get off the couch without help (I’m a turtle stuck on my back) :: being able to tell the difference between my dreams and reality :: red wine :: touching my toes :: seeing my toes


What I am looking forward to: Having a baby! Since my last doc appointment I’ve had to think a little more about labor and the fact that it’s pretty much all out of my control – I’ve realized that I’m totally fine with that and that no matter what happens I’ll get to leave with my lil’ guy. Now, I’d like to go out walking on my own without (A) stitches in my tummy or (B) stitches down below… but I have a feeling one of the two is going to happen so I should just stop worrying about it.

Milestones: We got the crib put together and in the nursery. We finished registering (Target). We start birthing classes this week. I’ll be certified to teach prenatal yoga soon. Only 10 weeks left!

Say What?: I finally started getting random stranger comments. I’m not a fan but I know these weirdoes mean well.

Lady at Great Harvest: Congrats!

Me: On What?

Lady: The baby…. (said very cautiously)

Me: Oh! That’s right. Thanks!


Guy at convenience store: No peanut butter and pickles?

[Apparently my Root Beer, Doritos and Fruit Mentos was not an odd enough combination for him]


Manager at Caribou and some yoga students: Every time I see you that stomach gets bigger and bigger!

Me: No shit!

[Ok, I didn't say that but I wanted to…. ]

No comments:

Post a Comment