Pages

Welcome

Though most of this blog contains pictures, it's also a detailed account of my life living with three boys. And yes, they are all boys. Hope you enjoy... they're pretty cute (but often smell).

-Brit

Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekend Madness

It was one of the more crazier weekends for me but it was AMAZING!

It all started Thursday at our doc appointment. Lil’ Los is doing great and is, get this, AVERAGE SIZE! Right!?!? Who knew! For his bone and head measurements he’s in the 55 percentile. I’m baffled but excited… I know everyone says you want a big baby but I was getting a little nervous. Obviously we have two more months of growth ahead of us but I think the automatic c-section discussion is off the table. Yeah!

After the doc appt is was off to Blooma for the start of my prenatal yoga training weekend extravaganza. It would take PAGES to describe what an amazing training it was… I’ll spare you but I will say this:

  • I had some kick ass women in the training with me who totally owned it all. Their confidence, fear, sexuality, accomplishments, failures, opinions… everything! It was very empowering
  • I never thought I would see so many vaginas in one weekend. We probably watched 7 different labor videos. I can officially cross-off doula and midwife from the “potential careers” list
  • Prenatal yoga is tough – Saturday morning’s practice was one of the hardest yoga practices I’ve ever had! This is NOT a cute picture of me but you can tell by my bright red face that I’m working it!
  • Mindful listening is one of the best and most challenging things to do. To actually listen to someone for 5 minutes and then repeat back what you heard (in your own words)… Powerful and very therapeutic
  • I’m going to try for a natural birth… no drugs! I want to be able to apply what I’ve learned this weekend which means being able to move.

On top of this amazing 4-day training I got to shake my butt and spin around a pole for Kim’s Bachlorette party! It was SO great to see all my old college roomies and giggle like never before. Again, I’ll spare you all the details but having a big belly definitely helps swing you around a stripper pole! Might not look too sexy but damnit, I could do it!

So there it was… Doesn’t look too busy written out but it was… and I loved it!

I hope everyone else had a great weekend!

1 comment: