Pages

Welcome

Though most of this blog contains pictures, it's also a detailed account of my life living with three boys. And yes, they are all boys. Hope you enjoy... they're pretty cute (but often smell).

-Brit

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Maternity Leave

Warning: The following are the ramblings of a woman who is used to being extremely busy and overly productive each day and is now on maternity leave.

I'm counting today as my second official day of maternity leave even though it actually started on the 13th. With the Holidays there was always someone else here with me... Jason, family, friends... I was never really by myself. Now I am. Jason started at Denali yesterday so it's me and Cole from 8am-6pm. I have mixed feelings so far. I'm trying to the take advice that I've received from my many wise friends:
Buy a planner and write down ONE thing to do a day.
Nap.
Watch bad TV.
Try to fit in a shower.

All of these things seem easy enough... yesterday I filled in a planner with daily tasks and then completed three days worth. I didn't quite manage the shower but happy to report I got one in this morning. I still can't figure out the napping part but that may be due to my pot o' coffee morning routine. I watched LOTS of bad TV (ask me anything about Taylor Swift or Pretty Little Liars, I've got it down) and even started reading a new book.

Since I've strived to be honest and open on here (as much as possible knowing parents and grand parents are reading this) I'm going to tell you the truth: I'm VERY nervous for the next two months. I know... it's only been a day, but I'm bored. When Cole is up and awake it's awesome but when he naps, which he's great at, I'm constantly checking the clock. I feel the need to be doing something but at the same time I'm fighting the voice in my head telling me to just sit and relax. I'm all about lounging on the couch after a long day at work. Or after a killer workout. But I'm lounging on the couch after a long day of lounging on the couch! Just doesn't sit right.

To those of you thinking "go out and do something" - easier said then done with a newborn in January. It's oh-so cold out and he's still on a three hour eating shift. He's too young to bring to the gym daycare (plus those little 13 year olds they have working there are not capable in my "new mom" eyes) and I'm still scared of him catching anything before he turns 1 month.

So what's the point of this post: It's me warning you. Expect lots of ramblings on here. Expect me to know your facebook profiles in and out. Expect me to know every E! True Hollywood Story. Expect me to anxiously text you once 5:00pm hits wondering if you're almost home (that one applies to you Jason). Expect me to be a little antsy when you stop over. Expect me to LOVE any movie, book, blog, TV show advice. Expect Cole to be a little attention seeker when he gets older as he will be getting all of mine!

With that said, my cute little man:



No comments:

Post a Comment