Pages

Welcome

Though most of this blog contains pictures, it's also a detailed account of my life living with three boys. And yes, they are all boys. Hope you enjoy... they're pretty cute (but often smell).

-Brit

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Yoga Side Note

If you read any of my prego-posts you would know that the one thing I missed the most was yoga. I did prenatal yoga and even got certified to teach it but it didn't totally satisfy my cravings. I'm a hot yoga addict; both traditional Bikram and Power Vinyasa, and though my doctor said it would be fine to keep practicing I just couldn't do it. The phrase "bun in the oven" always popped into my head - didn't want to overcook the little Papoose!

Needless to say, I was excited to get back to it and jumped into a Level 1 class a few weeks back. Bad idea. According to my chiropractor, I went back a little too early and that's why my low-back has been so messed up. So instead of practicing I'm writing this post... maybe venting about how I miss it will strengthen my core faster so I can get back to it. Probably not but I can only do so many hip lifts...

So here are two yoga side notes: The first, my goal pose for 2011 - Scorpion


The second, a funny description of how some people (including myself at times) approach yoga...


Oh, and if you're wondering about J's yoga journey... that's also been put on hold as Lifetime never replaced my Sunday morning class and I haven't really fulfilled my promise of teaching him at home. With his Flatlander (ski) trip coming up in a month I think I will have to make that a priority so he comes home in one piece!


No comments:

Post a Comment