Pages

Welcome

Though most of this blog contains pictures, it's also a detailed account of my life living with three boys. And yes, they are all boys. Hope you enjoy... they're pretty cute (but often smell).

-Brit

Sunday, November 7, 2010

45 Days to Go


How big is baby? At our last ultra sound he was measuring average! My last doc appointment (this past Friday) my stomach was measuring on track with my weeks. Guess all the fear of having this humongous baby might have been for nothing. Our doc isn’t so positive so I’ll still be getting one more ultrasound on December 3rd.

Maternity Clothes? I think I’m running a 5 outfit rotation from here on out. This belly will not be hidden any longer and non-maternity dresses are about 6 inches higher in the front than the back! Not very cute...

Sleep: It’s pretty much clockwork that at 3:45am I wake-up to pee… after that it usually takes a while to fall back asleep since Los thinks its fun to show-off his yoga moves. His little butt likes to move up into my ribs and then back down (downdog to plank?) several times before finally settling down.

Movement: As mentioned above, he’s taking a break from his soccer skills and is now deepening his yoga practice. I guess it’s my own doing but the near constant stretching is starting to get annoying!

Food cravings: No cravings but per the last “weigh in” I will be laying off my Sunday baking routine! Carrots and apples anyone????

What I miss: Not having to wonder if the bottom of my belly is hanging out :: caring if my belly is hanging out :: having people stare at you because you spilled on yourself and not because you look like you have a boulder under your shirt

What I am looking forward to: 'LOS! Every time I’m in one of our birthing classes or prenatal yoga sessions I realize more and more how much I just want this little guy here. I feel like I’ve seen enough births, heard the term “squat” more than necessary, taken too many trips to Babies R Us… let’s get this show on the road! [note: I know it’s still too soon… he still needs to cook for a bit longer]

Milestones: The nursery is almost done and I put together the glider all by myself!

Say What?: Strangers don’t really approach me (again, I think I must look angry all the time) but the comments of (after looking me up-and-down) “wow, you must be close” or “looks like your about done” are really not that awesome. 1) I’m already counting down the days so I really don’t need your reminder; and 2) That comment tells me that I look like I’m smuggling an exercise ball under my shirt and/or look miserable – either way it’s not nice.

The BEST comments I’ve gotten (all from women who have surely been pregnant before): “Oh my gosh, you look so small for being that far along!” To these women I say "thank you" and "I love you"

No comments:

Post a Comment