Pages

Welcome

Though most of this blog contains pictures, it's also a detailed account of my life living with three boys. And yes, they are all boys. Hope you enjoy... they're pretty cute (but often smell).

-Brit

Monday, November 1, 2010

Epic Kitchen Fail

I guess it had to happen at some point...

This weekend I decided I was going to make Sponge/Honeycomb candy - the recipe seemed simple enough and I had never made anything like it before.

I confidently strolled into the kitchen Sunday afternoon with my recipe and ingredients laid out.

I added the sugar and corn syrup in the pan, stirred and then turned on the heat.

As the recipe promised, the mixture started to bubble. I was to wait until it turned the color of Maple Syrup before removing it from heat and adding the baking soda.


I did.


I then poured the science experiment onto foil and waited for it to cool.


After that I broke it apart and dipped the ends in chocolate.

Pretty, right?

FAIL!

They tasted like burning... no other way to describe it. Jason tried to hide his initial reaction from me but once I tasted the pretty little shards I knew it was a disaster.

I was very bummed out until I saw the large bag of Snickers/Milky Ways/Twix sitting on the kitchen table. I ate about 12 and was happy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment